Userbrain works with any prototyping tool, that allows you to share a public link. Simply put, if you can link to it, you can test it.
We'll now guide you through the steps of user testing your Figma prototype with Userbrain. You can learn more in the Figma help section.
How to test your Figma prototype with Userbrain
- Open the prototype that you want to test in Figma.
- Click on the Prototype tab on the right and choose your preferred device
- Launch your prototype by hitting the Present button at the top-right
- Click on the View icon (the exe) in the menu bar
- Make sure that «Show Hotspot Hints on Click» is unchecked
- Make sure that «Show Resolved Comments» is unchecked, if not greyed out.
- Copy the current URL from the address bar and paste the URL into Userbrain
Some more good tips to test your Figma prototype with Userbrain:
Disable Comment Mode
This option enables people to provide feedback on the prototype. As this feature might be useful, if you want to share your prototype with your team or your customers and gather input from them, this option sometimes distracts testers from their task.
Testers won't recognize that this option isn't an actual part of your prototype, And you won't spend valuable time watching a tester explaining Figma functionality to you.
Our suggestion, therefore, is disabling the «Show Resolved Comments« option if you're testing your Figma prototype with Userbrain.
Disable Hotspot Hints
When user testing your prototype, you don't want to influence the user experience by highlighting certain elements to them.
But if the »Show Hotspot Hints on Click« option in Figma is enabled, anytime a user clicks in an area that is not interactive, the areas that are interactive are outlined thus indicating clickable areas.
By disabling the «Show Hotspot Hints on Click« option in Figma, you make sure that you don't interfere with the user experience.
Alternatively you can add «&hotspot-hints=0» to the URL of your Figma Prototype. This way your prototype will launch with the "Show Hotspot Hints on Click» option disabled.